Hello, lovely readers!
It’s already April, which means Spring has arrived! Or for some of us, we’re still waiting for the official Spring weather through rain and snow.
Nonetheless, I believe that a Spring bucket list is necessary to help plan a great Spring time. I think we enjoy Spring so much because it’s like a premature Summer.
Even though it’s like Summer, it’s still not fully there yet which can be hard to try to find things to do.
So! I’ve put together a little list to help make your Spring more fun, eventful, and memorable! Let’s get right into it:
- When I was little, I remember planting flowers with my parents in the basket outside my window. Those were simpler times, when my weekends consisted of playing outside from dawn to dusk without a care in the world. Planting flowers or any plants with your loved ones while the birds are chirping on a beautiful Saturday Morning is one of the most divine ways to enjoy Spring.
2. Each state has their own little Spring festival, and for us up here in Washington as well as various parts of the U.S., there’s the Tulip festival. Last year was my first time there. And although it was an overcrowded tourist hot spot, it was really very beautiful. I would recommend to check it out at least once. Besides, it’ll give you gorgeous Spring photos, because the profile picture of you on Thanksgiving/Christmas is a little outdated, don’t you think?
3. Sure, this one might seem cliche, but it’s honestly needed- and addicting once you start. Think about it, you’re finally climbing out of hibernation from a long and dreary winter. There’s blue skies and warmer weather ahead. So dust off those curtains, shred old paper work and donate some clothes! New season, clean slate. You’ll feel so refreshed.
Remodeling or Redecorating a Room
4. I am currently in the middle of redecorating the bathroom in our apartment and I love the way it’s coming together. Kolani and I have lived in this apartment for just about a year now, and although we’ve already added our own flair to it, I’ve been playing with ideas on how to make it homier. The place is really looking great, I can’t wait to share the final project once I’m all done! This idea kind of coincides with Spring cleaning-give one of the rooms in your house or apartment some extra TLC and have fun giving it a new look!
Changing Your Diet
5. I’m pretty excited about my farmers market opening soon so I can get some fresh goodies. Now, I am no dietitian and I’m not trying to give you a step by step diet plan or whatever. What I’m getting at with this idea is to take advantage of your local farmers market this spring season and stock up on some fresh fruit and veggies! We’re all a little guilty of indulging on winter treats, but the beautiful weather in the Spring means getting back to a healthier diet!
6. I know, I know, a lot of you will argue that baking is typically more of a fall related adventure, BUT! It’s never truly Spring to me until I bake some strawberry shortcakes. Back when I still lived at home in California, my mom would bake delicious strawberry shortcakes with strawberries from a local farmers market (huh, see above) and we would watch movies like Roman Holiday or Pride & Prejudice. It’s something fun to try, and if you want to know what recipe I use then just let me know in the comments down below!
7. How could you not be excited about baseball season?! The hot dogs, beer, popcorn and all the energy from the game, how does that not sound like a good time? It’s been a while since I’ve been to a game, but I’m going to try to make it out to hopefully a Mariner’s game or maybe some game at one point or another.
8. I’m excited to get away all Spring/Summer long. What’s nice about living in Washington is how close we are to various places like Canada, Idaho, Oregon, maybe even California if we want to drive a little further. All we have to do is pack up our Subaru, dog, and other camping gear to be on our way, (did I use enough PNW stereotypes?) Sometimes when you’re stressed or feel the weight of the world, all you have to do is get away for the weekend, you don’t need a month long hiatus. Just going away somewhere for the weekend to get a breather is great for your mind and soul, I swear by it.
9. Ahh yes, the lovely bike trails. I’m from the San Luis Obispo area, so when Spring or Summer rolled around, I would frequently ride my bike on the Bob Jones Trail. I’m not too familiar with the biking trails around here, most likely because I don’t have a bike at the moment. But, It’s fun, free and makes a great day. You can take your family, dog, spouse, whoever! Hell, if you want to be a little extra, pack a little picnic to enjoy after your journey.
10. Kolani and I have our eyes on so many beautiful hikes this year, and we’re excited to be able to take Ava with us. Unfortunately, we’re going to have to wait a little longer than most of you because Washington is having the LONGEST WINTER EVER. I usually like the rain and this weather but my lord guys I can’t remember the last time I saw the sun (just kidding, but seriously). We’ll be posting a ton of photos from our adventures on Instagram, so make sure you’re following me!
Alright guys I hope you enjoyed my little Spring bucket list! I know how hard or awkward Spring time can be when it comes to finding things to do. I hope this list helped or gave you some fun ideas!
This has been a chloscall.
Until next time,