I hope you’re all enjoying the new layout and theme of my blog, I know I am! In today’s post, I’m going to share with you one of my favorite recipes I found on Pinterest a few years ago. The reason I love this recipe so much is because it’s yummy, only 3 ingredients, AND cooks in the crockpot.
2016 was the year I became obsessed with crockpots, and it’s not hard to see why. Honestly every young adult should have one of these bad boys. Whether you’re not that into cooking or just have a busy lifestyle, the crockpot will become your best friend. You can check out some great crockpots by clicking here.
One last thing! Make sure you’re signed up to receive emails for alerts of future blog posts!
Okay, enough raving, time to get into the recipe.
- 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (Typically, I use 2 chicken breasts and that’s just enough for my boyfriend and I. Obviously, if you have a bigger family you can add more.)
- Chicken Taco Seasoning. (You can use whichever seasoning you prefer. I used to use the packets of taco seasoning you find at the grocery store in the soup aisle, but lately I’ve been using the taco seasoning that Kolani and I picked at Costco, pictured below.)
- 8 ounces Pace Mild Salsa. (Okay so you can have a little more freedom with this one. Maybe you want spicier salsa and by all means go for it. Or maybe you just don’t like Pace. You can use 8 ounces of whichever salsa you’d like. The only reason I specifically chose Pace was because that was the one that was recommended for the recipe.)
(Pictured from Left to right: The first photo is showing the seasoning I picked up from Costco. The second photo is showing the salsa I’ve used and recommend. The third photo is the chicken completely cooked. I shredded the chicken with 2 forks and added some shredded cheddar cheese on top. The last photo is the final product. You can add whatever you’d like to your taco. For this one we added tapatio, chives, sour cream, and shredded cheese).
Let’s get started. Directions:
- Place 2-4 thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts into the crockpot.
- Get out your taco seasoning and coat either side of the chicken breast with the seasoning.
- Add 8 ounces of salsa into the crockpot with the chicken breasts. (I would recommend really shaking the salsa up before pouring it in, so it’s more chunky. Also, an apron might not be a bad idea at this part, as the salsa may splatter.)
- If you want really tender shredded chicken, I would recommend cooking this dish on low for 6-8 hours.
- You can see if your chicken is done by trying to shred it with a fork or knife. I started cooking my recipe at 11am, and by 5pm it was perfect. I always shred the chicken with two forks, and the meat is so unbelievably tender that it falls off the fork and cuts like butter.
- Now that your chicken is done cooking, you can get creative. After the chicken is done, I like to add shredded cheese to the top, letting it melt onto the chicken. I’ll set the crockpot on warm and let it keep while I set up the dinner table.
- Once you’re serving the tacos, you may garnish them with whatever you’d like. As pictured above, my boyfriend enjoys adding chives, sour cream and tapatio.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! It’s definitely been a favorite in this household, plus it makes your house smelly heavenly while it’s cooking. Let me now how you liked this recipe in the comments below.
Until next time,